When my husband decided to start making candles, he wanted to make a high quality product that wasn’t going to hurt the environment.
The soy wax he has chosen is 100% soy. Soy beans are a renewable source and the wax that is made from soy is naturally biodegradable, so the wax is really an eco-friendly product.
Not only is this wax eco-friendly but soy also has amazing fragrance-holding qualities. This means our scented candles will give a long-lasting even scent while burning. Soy is also cleaner burning and longer lasting than a paraffin wax candle.
Paraffin is a petroleum based product, which in turn can produce petrol-carbon soot that can blacken walls as well as release toxic carcinogens into the air.
The soy wax Richmond Hill Candle Co. uses has many benefits:
- It’s a renewable, sustainable resource
- It’s natural & biodegradable
- It’s 100% vegetable based
- It burns longer and cleaner than paraffin wax
- You don’t get the soot build-up that would use using a paraffin wax
- It’s easy to clean up with soap & hot water, eliminating the need for solvents
- It’s not subject to animal testing
- It’s Vegan friendly
- It’s produced without genetically modified material